Cinnamon Snickerdoodle and Peppermint Cookies ‘n Cream Put the Cool in Two Classic Treats
MINNEAPOLIS, November 8, 2012 – Stoneridge Creamery® ice cream has captured two iconic flavors in its latest limited edition ice creams: Cinnamon Snickerdoodle and Peppermint Cookies ‘n Cream. Consumers can scoop them up for approximately the next six months in most of SUPERVALU’s traditional retail stores as well as in independent grocery stores served through SUPERVALU’s Independent Business division.
“Stoneridge Creamery® ice cream is a top-quality family favorite, known for both its regular and unique flavors,” said Sam Mayberry, SUPERVALU’s vice president of private brands. “Our summer limited- edition flavors, Strawberry Lemonade and Harvest Peach, were a tremendous hit with customers. And, we’re excited and confident that they’ll have the same reaction to Cinnamon Snickerdoodle and Peppermint Cookies ‘n Cream, and will want to include them in their holiday dessert menus.”
Cinnamon Snickerdoodle features creamy cinnamon ice cream with a cinnamon snickerdoodle cookie swirl. In Peppermint Cookies ‘n Cream, pieces of real peppermint candy give a crunchy and exciting pop to the traditional Cookies ‘n Cream flavor.
All Stoneridge Creamery products (including ice cream novelties such as bars, cones and sandwiches) contain premium ingredients and are created in SUPERVALU’s test kitchens. They’re sold in many of SUPERVALU’s traditional retail banners including ACME, CUB Foods, FARM FRESH, HORNBACHER’S, JEWEL-OSCO, SHAW’S, STAR MARKET, SHOP ‘N SAVE and SHOPPERS; they’re also available at SUPERVALU supplied stores.
Consumers can also anticipate that new Stoneridge Creamery ice cream flavors will be introduced in spring 2013. Until then, consumers can enjoy Cinnamon Snickerdoodle and Peppermint Cookies ‘n Cream for the next six months and over 40 traditional and unique flavors sold year round, including Salted Caramel, Banana Split, Pistachio and Java Delight Coffee Toffee Crunch.
ABOUT STONERIDGE CREAMERY
Stoneridge Creamery® products are the exclusive, premium-tier private brand of ice cream products created and distributed by SUPERVALU INC. Introduced in 2008, Stoneridge Creamery uses only the best ingredients and time-tested production methods in the making of its high-quality sherbet, traditional and limited edition ice creams and light-churned ice cream. With more than 40 everyday products and unique, limited-edition flavors, Stoneridge Creamery ensures that whichever flavor you choose…there’s a guaranteed smile in every scoop.
ABOUT SUPERVALU INC
SUPERVALU INC. is one of the largest companies in the U.S. grocery channel with annual sales of approximately $35 billion. SUPERVALU serves customers across the United States through a network of approximately 4,400 stores composed of 1,099 traditional retail stores, including 797 in-store pharmacies; 1,341 Save-A-Lot® stores, of which 943 are operated by licensee owners; and 1,950 independent stores serviced primarily by the Company's food distribution business. SUPERVALU has approximately 125,000 employees. For more information about SUPERVALU visit www.supervalu.com.
For official company news and industry information follow us on Twitter at: www.twitter.com/supervaluPR
Caramel Apple & Pecan
Ice Cream Topping
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Amount: 6 servings
1 cup brown sugar, divided
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
3 cups thinly sliced and peeled apples
½ cup pecan halves
2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup heavy whipping cream
½ teaspoon sea salt
-Stone Ridge Creamery® Cinnamon Snickerdoodle Ice Cream
- In medium bowl combine ¼ cup brown sugar and cinnamon; add apples and pecans. Toss together.
- Transfer to a large foil-lined baking sheet. Bake in a preheated 375°F oven 12-15 minutes or until apples are softened.
- Meanwhile, in large saucepan over medium heat, combine remaining brown sugar, water and vanilla.
- Cook until sugar is melted and bubbly, stirring frequently. Continue cooking 2-3 minutes, until sugar turns a deep amber color.
- Carefully stir in cream and sea salt. Remove from heat; stir in apple mixture. Serve over ice cream.
Note: Caramel topping will thicken as it stands.
Nutritional Information: (does not include ice cream)
Serving Size 1/6 of recipe; Calories 280; Total Fat 13g; Saturated Fat 5g; Cholesterol 25mg; Sodium 200mg; Carbohydrates 43g; Fiber 2g; Protein 1g
Peppermint Cookies n’
Cream Ice Cream Cake
Active Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: several hours
Amount: 16 servings
1 (18 ounce) package chocolate crème filled cookies, divided
¼ cup melted butter
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 (1.5 quart) container Stone Ridge Creamery® Peppermint Cookies n’ Cream Ice Cream, softened
1¼ cups hot fudge topping
1½ cups extra creamy frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Remove crème filling from 2 rows of cookies; discard filling and crush 40 cookie halves. Set aside remaining cookies. In small bowl, combine crushed cookies, butter and sugar. Transfer to a 9-inch spring form pan; press mixture into the bottom.
- Top crust with half of softened ice cream; place in freezer until slightly firm (about 20 minutes).
- Meanwhile, roughly chop remaining unfilled cookie halves; remove cake from freezer. Spread cake with hot fudge, sprinkle with chopped cookies. Top with remaining ice cream; frost top of cake with whipped topping. Place in freezer until firm (about 4 hours).
- Before serving, roughly chop remaining cookies; sprinkle over top of cake.
Serving Size 1/16 of recipe; Calories 340; Total Fat 17g; Saturated Fat 12g; Cholesterol 25mg; Sodium 220mg; Carbohydrates 45g; Fiber 0g; Protein 3g